Brief information on Kbal Thnol Highway Bridge project: - Located on Norodom Blvd, and National Road No.2 right at Kbal Thnol roundabout and intersection point of Khan Mean Chey and Chamkarmon;
- The project costs 6,048,424.00 USD;- Started construction on the 27th of May 2009 and its ground breaking ceremony was highly presided over by Samdech Akka Moha Sen Padei Techo HUN Sen and Chumteav Dr.;
- The construction period was 12 months and scheduled to finish on the 27th of May 2010;
- The asphalt concrete bridge is 308 meters long, 14.20 meters wide and 5.2 high;
- This bridge helps lessening traffic jam in the Capital, especially in its Eastern and Southern part such as Kandal, Prey Veng, Svay Rieng, Takeo and Kampot etc. The fact that the previous roundabout was small and had the diameter only 12 meters caused traffic congestion in the area which frequently happened in the Morning from 6:30 to 8:00, Afternoon from 11:00 to 12:00 and Evening from 17:00 to 19:00.
- The bridge opening ceremony was also presided by Samdech Akka Moha Sen Padei Techo HUN Sen and Chumteav Dr on the 24th of June 2010.
Pictures of the construction process of the Sky Bridge