Majority of foreign visitors arrive Cambodia, especially Phnom Penh Capital City by air through Phnom Penh International Airport and by land through some international border checkpoints bordering with Vietnam, Thailand and Laos. Some arrive by tourist vessels through Sihanouk Ville International Port and continue their tours by bus to Phnom Penh and later to Siem Reap.
Currently, international visitors could obtain visa on arrival at Phnom Penh International Airport (Visa on arrival) or through Royal Cambodian Embassy in their home countries.
Foreign visitors are now able to obtain a Cambodia visa upon arrival at the airports and any international border checkpoint. It is no longer necessary to get a visa stamp at the Cambodian Embassy before your visit.
A Cambodia visa is issued officially at the following ports of entry:
Phnom Penh International Airport (Visa on arrival)
Siem Reap Airport , Angkor Wat Region, (Visa on arrival)
Travelers can travel to/from Cambodia by land through Aranyapathet-Poipet border or Trat-Koh Kong border of Thailand and Moc Bai - Bavet border of Vietnam and Trapeang kriel-Nong Nokkhiane of Laos.
- Through Cambodia-Vietnam border checkpoint: 9 gates available
- Through Cambodia-Thailand border checkpoint: 6 gates available
- Through Cambodia-Lao border checkpoints: 1 gates available
A Cambodia visa is valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issuance, not from the date of entry
/// Entry Visa requirements
Make sure to prepare the following appropriate documents :
- A passport that is valid for at least four (4) months from the expiration date
- 1 recent photo for ID (4cm x 6 cm)
- Payment for a visa fee
/// Visa Fees (payment in US Dollars only)
- Tourist Visa: USD 20.00
- Business Visa: USD 25.00
/// Visa K
Visa K can be issued to a Cambodia national entering the Kingdom with a foreign passport (the applicant has to provide well-documented evidence, such as proof that one's parents are Cambodian). It is issued once, gratis, and is valid for unlimited entries into the Kingdom.
/// Visa extension
Travelers who would like to stay longer in Cambodia may extend their visa at the Department of Immigration located just opposite of the Phnom Penh International Airport or by going to a travel agency.
/// Visa-Free Travel Arrangement for ASEANS
The Cambodian government has unveiled visa-free travel arrangements with the following ASEAN countries:
Singapore, Lao PDR, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar and Thailand.
e-Visa is now available online from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation. Please complete the online application form at:
e-Visa Website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation
. A credit card will be needed for payment.
To find any foreign embassy or consulate in Phnom Penh, please click here to locate all embassies on the City Map
Phnom Penh International Airport
is located 10km (6 miles) from the city and is one of two international airports in the country.
The following airlines fly to Phnom Penh:
- Cambodia Angkor Air (K6) : Ho Chi Minh, Siem Reap
- Air Asia (AK) : Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Siem Reap
- Asiana Airlines (OZ) : Incheon, Siem Reap
- Bangkok Airways (PG) : Bangkok, Siem Reap
- China Airlines (CI) : Taipei
- China Eastern Airlines (MU) : Kunming, Siem Reap, Yunnan
- China Southern Airlines (CZ) : Beijing, Guangzhou
- Dragonair (KA) : Hong Kong
- EVA Air (BR) : Taipei
- Far Eastern Air Transport (EF) : Taipei, cargo flight
- Jetstar Asia (3K) : Singapore, Siem Reap
- Korean Air (KE) : Seoul, Siem Reap
- Lao Aviation (QV) : Vientiane, Siem Reap
- Malaysia Airlines(MH) : Kuala Lumpur, Siem Reap
- Shanghai Airlines (FM) : Shanghai
- Siem Reap Airways (FT) : Bangkok, Siem Reap
- SilkAir (MI) : Singapore, Siem Reap
- Thai Airways International (TG) : Bangkok
- Thai Air Asia (FD) : Bangkok
- Vietnam Airlines (VN) : Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Vientiane, Siem Reap
/// Airport Tax
International departures from Phnom Penh: US$25 for adults, US$13 for children 12 years and under
Domestic departure: US$6
Airport facilities include a foreign exchange office, bookshop, post office, cafe, bar, tourist information, duty-free shops, as well as a business-class lounge and Wi-Fi access.
Taxis wait outside the airport with a fixed fare to the city for the 20 to 40 minute ride into town. Meter taxis are also available.
From Thailand: Bus service is available from Poipet on the Thai border. Fare to Thailand is about US$10. The journey between Poipet and Phnom Penh is about 12 hours.
From Vietnam: Bus service is available from Ho Chi Minh City. This trip is about 5-6 hours between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh.
From Siem Reap: Visitors to the ruins of Angkor at Siem Reap may consider taking a ferry to Phnom Penh. The journey can be as short as 5 hours, depending on the speed of the boat and the depth of the water. Along the journey, you get a glimpse of rural Cambodia and life along this main artery. Ticket prices are about US$25 - you may get it for cheaper if purchased from a tourist agency.
From Vietnam: A fast boat journey between Chau Doc on the Mekong delta in Vietnam and Phnom Penh. The journey takes about 5 hours. Boats leave Chau Doc at 8:00am and leave Phnom Penh at 1:00pm, arriving in Chau Doc in the evening.