From 24th September 2011, it was observed that water levels at Bassac-Chaktomuk Hydrological Station gradually increased up to the highest level of 10.86m, and it subsided in October 12th, 2011.
By 12th October 2011, homes, infrastructures, schools, temples, hospitals and crops in 24 communes of 4 districts were destroyed by flood as illustrated in following statistics:
- Building/Construction: 14,570 homes, 3 health care centers, 11 temples, 4 military buildings, 13 engineering military buildings, 22 schools (3 high schools, 2 secondary schools, 16 primary schools and 1 kindergarten).
- People: 75,027 persons equaling to 17,150 families fail victim to flood.
- Infrastructure: 129 roads were damaged (DBST, Asphalt Concrete) including 81 red gravel roads and paths. 1 bridge approach slap was subsided (Osak Proyut Bridge) in Snor Commune of Por Sen Chey District.
- Crops: Impact 834.73h of farmland, of which 680.98h was damaged.
- Others: 210m wall of Samdech Hun Sen Samrong high school, 118 open and pumping wells, 153 fish ponds were impacted.
/// List of Impacted Locations
|Meanchey ||Nirot ||Chba Ampov 1 ||Chba Ampov 2 ||Prek Pra ||Chak Angre Ler ||Veal Sbov ||Prek Eng ||Kbal Koh ||Prek Thmey
|Russey Keo ||Svay Pak ||Chrang Chamres 1 ||Chrang Chamres 2 ||Kilometer No.6 ||Toul Sangke ||Chroy Changva ||Prek Leap ||Prek Tasek ||Bak Kheng ||Koh Dach ||Russey Keo|
|Sen Sok ||Prek Phnov ||Porngear Pon ||Samrong|
|Dangkor ||Ponsang ||Kork Roka ||Snor ||Oy Lork ||Samrong Krom|
|Daun Penh ||Shrah Chak
Actions Taken by Authorities
The authorities moved 3,017 families (14,570 people) to safety places and provided donations to 21,232 families from the district of Meanchey: 8,847 families, Russey Keo: 9,826 families, Sen Sok: 3,168 families, Por Senchey (Former Dangkor District): 319 families;
Saved 4 schools by pumping water out of the campus and school terms can be begun on time;
Prepared a dam with 34 sand bags of total 4,576 m long, and sewage lids were also closed down in national assembly areas, Samdech Hun Sen Park and twin road Kolometer No.6;
Supplied clean water and install toilets at higher areas and give chickenpox and anthrax vaccination to cattle;
Assigned 30 groups, consisting of 150 medical doctors and 12 ambulances to station in the areas as well as medicine distribution and provided 1356 medical treatment to 1,351 people;
Assigned youth group to clean up and lay concrete at Monkol Sathavorn Primary School (provided study materials to 465 students), Machim Vorn Kindergarten for 2 rooms, and provided text books, study bags, pens and pencils to 745 students at safer areas.
Transfer grade 9 and 12 students from Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN Sen Samrong to Kros Primary School, totally consisting of 5 rooms.
Distribution of Donations to victims
Phnom Penh Capital Hall, Phnom Penh Red Cross, Cambodian People Party Working Group for Phnom Penh, Cambodian Women Association for Peace and Development in Phnom Penh, venerable monks and generous people distributed groceries such as rice, instant noodle, canned fish, fish sauce, soybean sauce, salt, fresh water, milk, sugar, tea, sarongs, scarfs, tents, medicines and some budget to 8,453 families—District of Meanchey: 3,200 families, Russey Keo: 4,070, Sen Sok: 943 and Dangkor 200 families.