Phnom Penh Authority achievement during the 3rd mandate of Commune-Sangkat Election
Monday, 25 Jun 2012 10:19
Based on the planning of inter-sector institutions of the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of national Defense and the National Election Committee number 014/11 on August 23, 2011, Phnom Penh United Commanding Unit had done many efforts to take care of the security, safety and public order well functioning during the campaign and election which was held on June 1st , 2012.
In Phnom Penh, there were 08 political parties to compete at Sangket level, 1587 election offices which cover 309 sites and all political parties supporters conducted their election campaign smoothly and equally from May 18th to June 02nd ,2012 as following :
I. Election Campaign Activities
1. Cambodian People’s Party : conducted its election campaign through 63.858 supporters with 1943 transportations, 12 music buses, 7.346 motors, 220 Tuk Tuks to circulate around the capital.
2. Samrainsy Party : conducted its election campaign through 5.980 supporters with 352 transportations, 1.166 motors, 80 Tuk Tuks to circulate around the capital.
3. Human Rights Party : conducted its election campaign through 1.659 supporters with 96 transportations, 502 motors, 79 Tuk Tuks to circulate around the capital.
4. Funcinpec Party : conducted its election campaign through 893 supporters with 53 transportations, 121 motors, 22 Tuk Tuks to circulate around the capital.
5. Norodom Ranaridt Party : conducted its election campaign through 221 supporters with 07 transportations, 67 motors, 02 Tuk Tuks to circulate around the capital.
6. Democratic Alliance Party : conducted its election campaign through 10 supporters with 1 transportation, 05 motors to circulate around the capital.
7. Cambodian Nationality Party : There was no any remarkable activity.
8. Poverty Reduction Party : There was no any remarkable activity.
II. Security situation and public order during election day on June 3rd ,2012
Phnom Penh citizens who have their names on the election lists participated the 3rd commune - sangkat election which was organized by the National Election Committee on June 3rd ,2012 from 7.00 am until 3.00 pm among 1587 election offices of 309 sites. Through the responsibility of the United Commanding Unit, Phnom Penh Police Commission has used 4761 police to secure the election offices and the citizens who went to vote in order to keep the environment calm, no violence or threatening.
During the election process, there are 3 immediately sick cases. 2 cases happened in
Khan Chamkarmorn and 1 another case happened in Khan Russeykeo and among those people are observer, Election Committee Staff and voter. There was one traffic accident and injured 2 persons.
III. Temporary result of the 3rd Commune-Sangkat Election
1. Cambodian People’s Party received 348.844 voices which are equal to 576 seats.
2. Samrainsy Party received 167.268 voices which are equal to 234 seats
3. Human Rights Party received 25.255 voices which are equal to 6 seats.
4. Other parties received 12.210 voices.
Phnom Penh Authority has achieved successfully its responsibility to take care and
promote the security and safety of the people during the campaign and the Commune-Sangkat election based on the election law and the guideline issued by the Ministry of Interior in terms of setting up the responsible groups for protecting the security 24 hours per day. However, there is no any remarkable activity during the period of this event.