The Project for Flood Protection and Drainage Improvement in Phnom Penh Capital City Phase 3 – 1.5%
Thursday, 15 Mar 2012 08:37
Remarks: The Project for Flood Protection and Drainage Improvement in Phnom Penh Capital City Phase 3 would be officially launched its ground breaking ceremony under presidency of Lok Chum Teav Dr. MEN Sam An, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of the Ministry of National Assembly – Senate Relations and Inspection, the Highest Representative of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei HUN SEN, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia on March 26, 2012. This would become the 3rd priority project which selected from the master plan studied in 1999 and was accordingly modified based on the actual situation. Then, the Royal Government of Cambodia and the Government of Japan signed on the Exchange of Notes dated on March 15, 2011 aiming to financially support the Project for Flood Protection and Drainage Improvement in Phnom Penh Capital City Phase 3 with the cost of 3,700 million Yen.
- The Project Construction Period: 46 months starting from January 2012 to October 2015.
- Scope of Works: A. Drainage Improvement Work:
1. Ou Russey Area: 3,926 m
2. Beoung Raing Area: 2,433m
3. Monireth Area: 2,047m
4. Toul Svay Prey Area: 2,524m
5. Toul Sleng Area: 2,475m
6. Beoung Keng Kang Area: 3,045m
7. Toul Tompong North Area: 1,147m
8. Toul Tompong South Area: 3,057m
Total Lengths: 20,654m B. Reconstruction of Sediment Chamber at R240
C. Procurement of Drainage Equipment for Drainage Pipes
1. 2 sets of Water Jet Machine
2. 2 sets of Sludge Sucker
D. Technical Assistance by Soft Component: to technical officers of the Department of Public Works and Transport to enable to appropriate management, maintenance and utilization of constructed drainage system and procured equipment in the Project.
- Project Owner: The Phnom Penh Capital Hall
- Consultant: CTI International Co., Ltd. In Consortium with NIPPON KOEI Co., Ltd.
- Contractor: SUMITOMO Mitsui Construction Co., Ltd.
- The Expected Results: The Project would play important functional role in mitigating storm water flood in the area of Khan Chamcar Morn and part of Khan 7 Makara and Khan Daun Penh by installing main drainage pipes in order to drain rapidly storm water to Boeng Trabek Retention Pond.